Dr. Susantha Udagedara
Salford Business School
Lecturer in Enterprise and Innovation
Dr Susantha Udagedara works as Lecturer in Enterprise and Innovation at the University of Salford. He has over 18 years of experience in research and teaching in the UK, China and Sri Lanka. Previously, he taught business management related subjects at the University of Kelaniya (Sri Lanka), and had visiting appointments at the University of Rajarata (Sri Lanka) and the Manchester International College (UK). Dr Udagedara is also working as external examiner of Portsmouth Business School. He has supervised and supported a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate research projects. He is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA) and continues researching into entrepreneurship, innovation and small business related issues in both advanced capitalist countries and emerging/less-developed countries.
- Module Leader for the Business Innovation Project.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Research Methods
His research focuses on innovation management and small businesses, with particular interest in organisation dynamics an innovation witin the context of both advanced capitalist countries and emeging/less developed countries.
Recently Completed PhD Supervision Projects
- Exploration of the innovation process in small digital marketing agencies in the UK: Understanding the implications of social, knowledge and structural capital.
- Examining the empowerment of women borrowers participating in Interest Free Microfinance programs in Pakistan
Current PhD Supervision Projects
- An Exploration of Organizational Elements on Social Media Platforms Based Knowledge Sharing of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in Malaysia.
- BBM (Hons)
- Fellow The Higher Education Academy