Professor Ghulam Sorwar
Salford Business School
Professor of Finance
Professor Sorwar specialises in quantitative finance. In particular his research focuses on derivatives pricing and financial risk management.
Areas of research
Computation Finance, Corporate Finance, Risk Management, Banking, Financial Econometrics
- Risk Regulation & Compliance
- Bank Management
- Modelling, valuing and empirically testing derivative security prices
- Modern risk management methods
- Mergers and acquisition
- CDS spreads and the financial crisis
- I am currently supervising students in: Value-at-Risk, Islamic Finance, International Finance and Asset Liability Management. I would welcome applications from PhD students in the general area of: Risk Management, Islamic Finance, Financial time series and options pricing.
- BSc (University College London)
- MSc (City University)
- PhD (City University)