Blackboard is the University's Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) used to support learning.
Each academic module has a Blackboard course attached to it and students are automatically enrolled onto these each semester.
Students use Blackboard to access module learning materials, eSubmit work for marking and for collaboration.
Take a tour of Blackboard
Watch our short video guide and find out how to get the most out of Blackboard.
This allows you to access your Blackboard modules and:
- read module announcements
- review lecture materials
- participate in discussion board topics, blogs and wikis
- view grades for assignments you have submitted
- register your attendance.
Download the app
- Visit the app store for your device and search for Blackboard.
- Open the app and select University of Salford.
- Login with your University network username and password.
- You will then see the main navigation menu which lists the modules you are enrolled on.