Blackboard is the University's Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) used to support learning.
Each academic module has a Blackboard course attached to it and students are automatically enrolled onto these each semester.
Students use Blackboard to access module learning materials, eSubmit work for marking and for collaboration.
Blackboard has been updated during the summer. You now log into Blackboard with your University email address and password, and if you are already logged into your Office 365 account, you won't even need to log into Blackboard at all. Take a look at its new layout and navigation with our quick tour video.
Take a tour of Blackboard
Watch our short video guide and find out how to get the most out of Blackboard.
This allows you to access your Blackboard modules and:
- read module announcements
- review lecture and seminar materials
- participate in discussion board topics, blogs and wikis
- view grades for assignments you have submitted
- register your attendance.
Download the app
- Visit the app store for your device and search for Blackboard.
- Select and install the Blackboard app, which features a pencil on a blue background.
- Open the app and select University of Salford.
- Login with your University email address and password.
- You will then see the Activity Stream with the latest announcements and messages for your course.